Supply Chain Logistics Manager
Richmond Hill, ON
March 31, 2014
Supply chain logistics manager organize, control and evaluate the activities of global procurement, develop and implement the procurement plan. Establish performance standards and prepare various logistic reports for senior management. Collect and analyze procurement information such as procurement forecasts, the agreement of procurement, studies and evaluations of suppliers, marketing investigate to provide procurement advice for senior management. Follow up and tracking procurement activities and performance.
Supply chain logistics manager performs the following duties:
- Organize, control and evaluate the purchasing activities;
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies;
- Collect information about suppliers, products, and materials;
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials;
- Examine and analyze suppliers’ information collected;
- Participate to evaluate cost and quality of goods or services;
- Participate to negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts;
- Review and process claims against suppliers;
- Administer contracts for the provision of supplies and services;
- Assist in preparing procurement budgets;
- Assist in evaluate procurement risk;
- Develop and implement schedules the procedure of procurement;
- Write reports, and provide procurement advice and recommendations to senior manager;
- Act as liaison between the organization and its suppliers;
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's procurement activities;
- Follow up, and analyze procurement activities and performance; and,
- Maintain good relationship with suppliers.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field is required.
- A master's degree in business administration or another master's level management program is preferred.
- Purchasing managers responsible for units purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related degree or diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasing managers responsible for purchasing industrial products.
- The designation Supply Chain Management Professional (S.C.M.P.) or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada may be required.
- Several years of experience as a purchasing agent or officer are required.
- On-the-job training and solar industry courses and programs are required.
- At least 3 years of related experience are required.
- Familiar with International Solar industry and major suppliers is preferred.
- Familiar with Sky solar business model and corporate culture is required.
- Fluent English and Chinese language skill is required.
- Presentation skill is required.
- Computer skill is required.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.