Solar Photovoltaic Project Manager
February 15, 2011
Renewable Energy is a new and exciting space within the Ontario landscape. Driven by the Green Energy Act and Feed In Tariff program, Stantec has experienced considerable growth in engineering of renewable energy projects. Stantec's Industrial team provides a full range of innovative services to support the operations of our industrial, manufacturing and green energy/power clients through a variety of value-added processes.
Within the Renewable Energy sector, Stantec’s Industrial Buildings and Facilities Group offers services for all phases of the project life cycle, from pre-project planning and approvals with the Ontario Power Authority through to detailed design. Stantec has been involved in the engineering design delivery for projects ranging from 30kW rooftop solar to beyond 10MW for Solar Ground Mount projects. Leveraging our multi-discipline approach for renewable energy projects Stantec is able to offer complete engineering solutions to support developers, owners and constructors.
- Solar Photovoltaic Rooftop Evaluation Experience (preferred but not mandatory)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Proven track record managing resources, budgets and schedules
- Residency in Ontario required
- Five years experience in a dynamic consulting environment.
- Understanding of Consulting Engineering role in approvals process with (Municipal permitting authorities, OBC, ESA, HONI, LDC, OPA, etc.)
- MS Project or related scheduling software
- Onsite construction support experience
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to communicate are the assets that will make this job a success
- Cost estimating for solar installations (electrical and structural)