July 29, 2015
September 29, 2015
Carmanah Technologies is looking for a Project Coordinator at our Toronto, Ontario location with previous Project Coordination experience within the Construction Industry, and a strong attention to detail.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager of the Solar EPC Services Division, the Project Coordinator is responsible for tracking, scheduling, and coordinating all aspects of key construction projects within the Division.
Within this capacity, the Project Coordinator tracks, measures, and is involved in all activities on projects with including, but not limited to, timing, major milestones, resources, and progress and site issues. Overall, the Project Coordinator’s primary goal is to ensure a successful and timely installation of all solar PV installations for our customer’s while maintaining compliance to internal quality standards and regulatory requirements.
General Description and Responsibilities
- Ownership of deliverables within a project as determined by the Project Manager.
- Interact with internal and external key stakeholders to prioritize deliverables on multiple projects.
- Clear understanding of the specified actions for each project to effectively coordinate and communicate deliverables to various teams, as well as providing timely communication to all stakeholders with respect to project status.
- Maintain and distribute project document and action register to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively identify problems and continuously improve the project communication process.
- Create and manage project documents, including scope, compliance, administration, and other documentation as required.
- Ensure health and safety, industrial security and environmental compliance.
- Support the Engineering and Design team as required with site issues, drawings, design challenges, etc.
- 2+ years of experience as a Project Coordinator in the construction industry required.
- Experience in the solar industry desirable, but not required.
- Highly organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team to achieve established targets.
- Positive, clear, effective and professional communication at all levels.
- Result oriented, with the ability to prioritize duties and the drive to see a task through to a timely completion.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment and also able to work independently when required.
- Knowledge of current computer applications, including project management tools, Project, Excel, Word, and PDF.
- Ability to clearly establish and adhere to timelines and milestones.
- Strong customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Availability for timely issue resolutions and closures to deadline.
- Valid Driver’s license is required for site visits.
Apply here: http://carmanah.com/company/careers/job-postings