August 11, 2014
October 10, 2014
Project Coordinator for a construction-stage utility-scale Solar Energy Facility.
The Project Coordinator will be employed by the project company, which is owned by a leading Canadian institutional infrastructure investor together with a multinational corporation. The Project Coordinator will report to the Project Director or a person nominated by the Project Director.
Location and Travel
Position will require 80-100% of work time to be spent at the project site, near Kingston, ON, with occasional work in Toronto possible, especially in the initial start-up period.
The project will be built and delivered on a turnkey basis by a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) contractor. The primary focus of this position will be to help ensure compliance with the EPC contract on behalf of the project owners, and to manage the flow of information and documents relating to the construction process. Interaction with the separate, third party operations and maintenance (“O&M”) partners who will operate the project post-commissioning may also be required.
This is a temporary full-time position, available immediately. It is expected that the duration of the role will be for 18 to 22 months. On completion, other opportunities may exist with the group.
This highly visible technical management position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to participate in the fast-growing solar energy industry, working with well-established organizations on one of the premier solar projects in Canada.
- Help oversee project execution to ensure that all systems are installed on time, exactly according to the plan and contract.
- Design and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reporting documents to measure key project performance metrics.
- Assist the Project Director and other project employees in overseeing the activities of the EPC contractor, the subcontractors and the O&M provider, and interact with third-party engineering and safety consultants.
- Undertake comprehensive monitoring of construction practices to ensure quality and that the work meets domestic content requirements.
- Help represent the Owner with local community members and neighbors.
- Help ensure all pertinent codes, permits, and regulations are being followed.
A competitive package consisting of base salary, variable pay and other incentives is available.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or another field such as Business or Project Management are preferred. Candidates with degrees in other fields may be considered, especially if they have training or experience in the management of construction projects. Solar project experience an asset but not essential.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to use the entire Microsoft Office Suite as well as leading project management software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ability to explain complex technical topics and systems.
- Proven ability to work and excel in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment and to perform multiple roles and functions simultaneously.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, especially as they relate to large construction projects, an advantage.
- A go-getter with a strong hands-on attitude. Driven by and comfortable with success yet humble and down-to-earth.
- A self-starter with a high energy level and a results-oriented mindset.
- A clear communicator.
- An energetic, highly motivated and driven person who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and do whatever is personally necessary to guarantee the success of the project.
- An excellent time manager, able to balance multiple projects and prioritize a broad variety of issues, initiatives and objectives concurrently.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking to fill the position immediately and there is no application deadline.