: GTA, Kingston, Belleville, Mississauga, Windsor, Barrie, London, Ottawa, Kitchener/Waterloo, Sudbury, Peterborough
February 1, 2013
Grasshopper Solar is an award-winning company with one of the largest solar install bases in Ontario. Grasshopper Solar is the only company in Canada with a proprietary state-of-the-art software technology that helps deliver superior quality solar power systems that are meant to last a lifetime. Grasshopper Solar has delivered turnkey solar power system solutions to residential home owners, farmers, public schools, institutions, municipalities and large corporations, has itself invested in solar energy and owns and operates many solar systems across Ontario.
We are looking for driven individuals who want to be part of a leading company, a successful sales team and passion for the future economy.
- Seek and identify opportunities for solar power system sales in the residential market throughout Ontario.
- To call on assigned territory (phone and in person) to educate them about the features and benefits of our products.
- To keep timely and accurate electronic records of all field activity including: filing of assessments activity reports, territory customer database and call notes.
- To drive business and build strong relationships with new and existing accounts.
- Work independently and with senior management team to develop and execute on strategic plans to win identified opportunities.
- Present proposals, close deals and submit appropriate sales related paperwork to the head office.
- Provide customer service and monitor customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of relevant sales experience, preferably in solar or building industries dealing with residential customers.
- Background in Ontario’s solar industry an asset.
- Successful track record working a sales environment.
- Ability to spend time in–person with customers and travel within assigned territory.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands.
- Demonstrate a high level of organization skills, creative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit and perspective to recognize needs and develop solutions for customers.
- Demonstrate independence and self-motivation, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Outstanding problem solving skills when it comes to addressing lead generation, customer’s concerns and closing deals.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including for talking with clients on the phone, in-person or via e-mail.
- Strong relationship building and networking skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in all MS Office products.
As the position requires regional travel and visiting households, access to a vehicle and a valid G or G2 license is necessary along with a clear criminal request is a must.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to EC0113@GrasshopperEnergy.com with "Energy Consultant – EC0113” in the subject heading. Please also mention the job posting source. Grasshopper Solar is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you in advance for your interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.