February 4, 2013
February 25, 2013
The AutoCAD Drafter/Programmer will report into the Lead Systems Engineer of Carmanah’s Solar EPC Services Division. The ideal candidate will have extensive AutoCAD experience, have formal training (Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree or College Diploma) and have experience with basic and advanced AutoCAD functionality with an aptitude in programming.
General Description and Responsibilities
- Creating AutoCAD layouts by interpreting and piecing together multiple sources of information.
- Creating and formatting drawing sets used for permitting and construction.
- Communicating with engineers in order to complete designs.
- Implement strategies for increased workflow and standardization by creating custom toolbars and add-ons specific to our industry.
Skills and Requirements
- One year of extensive AutoCAD 2012 or 2013 usage in an applicable and relevant full-time position is preferred and beneficial but not required.
- Familiarity with dimensioning, scaling, and typical CAD standards.
- Detail-oriented with an eye towards automation including LISP programming, custom toolbar creation, and database management including ObjectARX (C++, C#, and VB.NET)
- Organized and able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Works well in a fast paced work environment
- Can work independently and can take make good decisions based on given information.
- Experience creating complete drawing sets.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical design is preferred and beneficial but not required.
Applicants visit our website to apply.
Please upload Cover Letter & Resume as one PDF document.