Alberta Solar Industry: Fast Facts
- Energy Efficiency Alberta's $36-million Residential and Commercial Solar Program launched on June 21, 2017
- Alberta's new $36-million Residential and Small Commercial Solar program will support the installation of solar electricity generation on residential, multi-residential and small commercial roofs across the province with the goal of achieving 10,000 new rooftop solar installations
- Alberta’s “Renewable Electricity Act” establishes a target for at least 30% of the electric energy produced in Alberta per year to be produced from renewable energy resources by the end of 2030 up from 10% in 2016.
- Alberta's Renewable Electricity Program (REP) will support 5,000 MW of renewables through annual procurements starting with the first 400 MW round in 2017
- On May 9, 2017, the Government of Alberta launched a Negotiable Request for Proposals (NRFP) for the supply of 135,000 MWh of solar electricity to the Government of Alberta annually
CanSIA Readies Members for Alberta's Residential and Commercial Solar Program
With Alberta's recent launch of a $36-million Residential and Commercial Solar Program and a goal to have solar installed on 10,000 rooftops, Albertans have more reasons than ever to install PV panels on their homes and buildings. CanSIA is working with our members to ensure that Albertans find the expertise and help they need to make the most of this opportunity.
More Benefits of Joining CanSIA
CanSIA is also offering our Corporate and Supporter Members the following valuable information and opportunities to help them benefit from this exciting Program:
Click here to learn more about CanSIA membership and which level is right for you. To discuss your membership options, contact:
Business Development & Member Relations Manager
Toll-Free: 866-522-6742 x230
CanSIA’s submissions have been prepared in response to calls for consultation by government and public agencies, as well as for use in our advocacy activities. Here you will find a selection of our submissions on topics including how to structure procurement programs to how climate policy can support solar energy technologies.
Alberta Solar Industry Resources
CanSIA Policy Briefs and Submissions
Alberta Renewable Electricity (REP) program
Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC)